Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 6, 2014

Little Free Library, Melissa's and More

Melissa's Sugar Cane Swizzle Stix Giveway at Camp Blogaway




I'm baaaaaaaack!  Yes, another lost-my-will-to-blog episode has come to an end.  Thanks Camp Blogaway and all my fellow bloggers for inspiring me to write on.


Lemongrass-Ginger Cooler and Vegetarian Bahn Mi
While I still plan to write about food on this blog, I'm happy to announce that I am going to be a featured blogger on Melissa's website.  As you know I've been a member of the culinary team at Melissa's for several years and now I'm going to be able to reach so many more people with my plant-based eating message.  Please check out this month's feature at Plant-Based 411, including 2 great recipes from Melissa's "The Great Pepper Cookbook".  If you already have the book - thanks so much!  If you don't, please buy one asap.








 
Sweet as HONEY!

Another exciting announcement is much more personal.  I have a new BFF, her name is Honey, and she's sweet as honey.  It's been 4 years since I lost my Poochie, and I'm so glad I waited for Honey to come into my life.  I hope you all have sweet friends too.













Little Free Library Grand Opening
Last Saturday I was honored to cut the ribbon at the grand opening of the Little Free Library in my front yard.  Neighbors brought books and enjoyed cookies, extra crunchy peanut butter and guava marmalade sandwiches, and limeade.  For those of you who haven't heard about LFL's, they are smallish structures, often built from recycled materials, that house books for you and your neighbors to share on a take-a-book, leave-a-book honor system.





I built mine with a lot of help from Transition Mar Vista, plus a repurposed picture frame/glass door, old paint, broken china mosaic tiles, and a little hardware help from a couple of nice handymen.
LFL in process (those are cutting boards for shelves)






Camp Blogaway was about supporting your fellow bloggers .  Plant-Based 411 is about sharing recipes and tips on how to eat in a more healthy, endlessly creative, produce centric way.  A Little Free Library is about
reading, sharing, and feeling more "howdy neighbor" than a lot of us do.  And a new BFF, like my Honey, is all about compassion, companionship, cuddling, and making sweet memories to always remember.

8 comments:

  1. Gah.....I LOVE your doggie! I LOVE your LFL (and have often wished that I had one in my own front yard). You are livin' the life, Nancy Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a good girl, Nancy Rose! I love your doggie, too! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Nancy! I bet your neighbors love you!

    How did you find Honey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! A couple of the neighbors have been really enthusiastic and I hope others will stop by soon. I adopted Honey from Downtown Dog Rescue - they do amazing work with both dogs and people.

      Delete