Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 24, 2014

Makin Fakin Bakin for Meatless Monday

It's Meatless Monday so I thought I'd offer up a recipe to magnificently mimic one of meat eater's most favorite meats - bacon.  Sometimes I invent recipes.  Other times I "borrow" and tweak.  This time I just pretty much took the recipe for Coconut Bacon from The Simple Veganista and made it as-is.  The only thing I really changed was cutting the recipe in half because I used Melissa's Coconut Chips which come in a 3 ounce package instead of the 7 ounces called for in the recipe.
Bakin' Before Bakin'



Be sure to take note of The Simple V's recipe suggestions at the bottom of her post - they all look amazing.  As you can see, my "bakin" came out like Julie's, and as soon as the avocados I just bought are ripe I'll be making a Cobb-ish salad, some split pea soup, and maybe some maple bakin cupcakes.  I hope you'll stay tuned  .....

Bakin' After Bakin'

2 comments:

  1. This is the best Fakin Bacon I've ever seen. I love this idea and will be trying it on my vegetarian hubby for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valentina. I know you are a granola girl - I made a maple blueberry granola, tossed in fakin bakin when it was done, poured some in a bowl, added some fresh blueberries, and almond milk. Yum!

    ReplyDelete