Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 16, 2015

Bagel Bites for Fishless Friday

Cashew Cream Cheese and Smoked Phish Bagel Bites


Let's call this part 2 in a 2-part series on fantastic fishless recipes.  First I gave you my Two Nut Phish Salad (yum), and today, on a Friday that still has lots of people around the world eating something from the sea, I bring you Cashew Cream Cheese and Smoked Phish Bagel Bites.

Another of my pre-vegan aspiring favorite things to eat was classic bagels and lox.  Removing the lox actually doesn't significantly change the deliciousness of that stack of savory delights - fresh bagel, Persian cucumber, Roma tomato, red onion, capers-if-handy, and cream cheese (I've been eating Tofutti brand and love it).

However, a while back I took a class with Miyoko Schinner, artisan vegan cheese maker, and she showed us how to make "lox" and "cream cheese" starring cashew nuts and nori.  First you make a cashew based creamy cheese, then mix in roasted red peppers, liquid smoke, nori, and sea salt to taste, and voila, you have a spread that any bagel would be proud to be schmeared with.

For Fishless Friday or Sunday Brunch, Cashew Cream Cheese and Smoked Phish Bagel Bites will definitely satisfy your craving for something-from-the-sea.  Enjoy! 








2 comments:

  1. This tasted so good! I love your presentation as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! I love how enthusiastically you embrace new culinary concepts.

      Delete